- Why Should I Stage my Home?
- Why Fine Redesign?
- Isn't Staging expensive?
- All homes sell eventually, why do I need to have my home Staged?
- I watch all those shows on TV - why can't I just Stage my own home?
- Do I need to rent furniture or accessories?
- Why can't home buyers look beyond the decor and visualize the potential?
- Does staging work on all types of properties in all price ranges?
1. Why Should I Stage my Home?
How we live in our home is very different from how we prepare them for selling. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. Potential buyers have made up their mind in the first 30 seconds whether a house is right for them. Many of them already made their decision when they pulled into your driveway.
The impression a buyer gets, when viewing a property is the single, most important factor in determining if your home sells for the price you want. Staging highlights a home's best features and architectural details, as well as minimizes flaws. In order for your home to appeal to the greatest number of potential buyers, it must be presented as clean, clutter-free, warm and inviting.
2. Why Fine Redesign?
Not all Staging Companies are Created Equal!
Fine Redesign is -
- Largest Staging Company in the Fraser Valley. We offer a full team of professional and talented consultants and assistants on staff. We are not a one man show and this is not a hobby. At Fine Redesign, we have the resources and the ability to get your job done on time - and on budget.
- Experienced. Since 2006. our talented and award winning team has staged thousands of homes and millions of dollars in real estate and has established Fine Redesign as a leader in our industry. We typically have 30-40 vacant homes staged out at any given time and can provide an extensive portfolio of our work.
- Competitive. Downtown product without the Downtown price. Our popular Hat Trick package starts at only $395. We specialize in vacant homes and show suites and offer the most effective and beautiful results at the most competitive price.
- Resourceful. We own and warehouse almost half a million dollars in high end furniture and accessories to compliment any space. Stagers that work out of a limited inventory in their garage or basement are simply not able to achieve the same selection of choice or quality of rentals and the final stage is often compromised as a result.
- Professional. We are fully trained and licensed. We insure our inventory and all staff are covered by Work Safe BC. Many rental providers do not insure their inventory, meaning that you are liable for the full replacement value if it were to be damaged or stolen. Rental inventory in a vacant home can be assessed at up to $50,000 and house insurance may not cover it unless content insurance is included. Always insist that the company you chose carries proper content and liability insurance and protect yourself.
3. Isn't Staging expensive?
Staging is an investment...not an expense, because it adds value to your home. Studies have shown that a staged home can sell for 6-10% more than a comparable non-staged home. Just as replacing flooring or upgrading appliances are ways to help create more value - properly executed home staging achieves the same result.
In comparison to the potential return on investment, home staging is incredibly inexpensive. If your home does not show well, the chances are likely it will be on the market longer and longevity in the market means just one thing...a reduction in price.
Since 2009 we have staged over 2000 homes and the average days on the market was less than 29. We are skilled at staging to appeal to your potential buyer in order to achieve a faster sale.
Our Services include several pacakge prices for occupied homes that are competitively priced depending on your needs and budget. We also specialize in vacant homes and can turn any empty house into a stunning show home. Just contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
The investment in Staging your home will always be less than your first price reduction!
4. All homes sell eventually, why do I need to have my home Staged?
You're right. Chances are you are going to sell you house. It is a matter of when and for how much. If your house does not sell quickly, it can actually cost you money for marketing, advertising, continued mortgage payments and taxes. More importantly, the longer your house sits on the market, the more likely your asking price will be reduced.
Even if your house sells quickly in a good market, it doesn't mean it sold for the amount it would have sold for had it been professionally staged.
The best time to stage your property is before it's listed and shown. Staging it first will allow your property to make the best first impression on potential buyers and realtors. Once a home has been on the market without staging, it is much more difficult to get agents and their buyers back into the home.
Remember, professionally staged homes can sell on average for 6% or more than non-staged homes!
5. I watch all those shows on TV - why can't I just Stage my own home?
Staging a property is best handled by an experienced professional stager who doesn't have emotional ties to the property. Often our home is like our child, we don't always see all of their flaws. We've gotten used to the way it looks and in fact, it is emotionally difficult to change it. If you can't view something objectively then you are unable to market and package it effectively.
As Accredited Staging Professionals, Fine Redesign Home Staging & Decor's team is trained to create an inviting look that will appeal to a wide variety of buyers. We know how to update the look of a home using property placed accessories, and we carry an extensive inventory of quality furnishings and decor items if 'fine tuning' is required.
Our training includes the use of color, the proper placement of furniture, the importance of scale in a room, how to minimize all types of flaws and how to showcase the best features in a home. It is difficult to learn these things from watching a TV show where you see a quick transformation without much detail.
6. Do I need to rent furniture or accessories?
At Fine Redesign Home Staging we are skilled at using your existing furniture and accessories and maximizing their full potential.
Occasionally, we suggest bringing in additional pieces to help give a room a more functional and attractive look. We carry a wide variety of furnishings and accessories and will customize the right items to help showcase your homes best features. Rental items are billed on a monthly basis and we offer discounts if any additional months are required.
We are there to help you however you decide to move ahead with the staging project and each decision is ultimately up to you.
7. Why can't home buyers look beyond the decor and visualize the potential?
Buyers only know what they see - not the way it is going to be.
When you list your home for sale it becomes a product. Just like any other product for sale, your house must look its best and stand out from similiar products in the marketplace.
We know that potential buyers make up their mind 30 seconds after they walk through the front door. Today's buyer is interested in moving into a home that does not require any 'move-in repairs'. They do not want to patch or paint or remove wallpaper or replace flooring (any more than than you do!) They can't picture how it is going to look when all of your furnishings, toys, collections and personal items are gone and they can not imagine living there themselves.
Professional Staged homes sell quicker and for more money because we can help create the 'model' home feeling that will entice any buyer from discounting your home and moving on to the next.
First impressions count!
8. Does staging work on all types of properties in all price ranges?
Basically - yes! Whether your property is at the lower price point or over a million dollars, staging will help present it in the best possible way to potential buyers. Vacant or occupied properties, older homes or new construction are all candidates for home staging.
At Fine Redesign Home Staging, we are skilled at professionally preparing a home for sale and have worked on every type of home, from bachelor condos to luxury homes and everything in between. Contact us today for a no obligation staging estimate.